Saturday, January 22, 2011

Covered.

Last week, I had the pleasure of contributing to the great blog Covered. If you're unfamiliar, it's a website where artists can reinterpret some of their favorite comic covers. I picked Adrian Tomine's Optic Nerve #3:



You can see it posted on Covered here.

Quick related story: last year I went to the MoCCA Festival with a friend, and naturally made a stop at the Drawn and Quarterly table. While we stood there browsing the titles, I want on and on about how great Adrian Tomine was, and how she should read some of his work. That's when my friend said, "Is that him standing right there?" Because of course he just happened to be a foot away from me signing autographs. I was so flustered and star-struck that I nearly walked away with an autographed collection of his early comics without actually paying for them. Oops.

There will be a new Criterion Affection post in the next couple of days. In the meantime, look at this amazing stamp my friend Tim designed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment