Monday, June 20, 2011

Navigating the seas of freelance.

Things are busy, busy, busy here at Michele Enterprises. One of the companies I've had the pleasure of working for recently is Sullivan Learning Systems, a tutoring group based out of California that publishes their own children's books for reading comprehension. Below are just a few of the illustrations I completed for a book on the history of navigation.


It was a fun challenge to visually interpret some of the abstract concepts involved. And I have to admit, I learned a thing or two about navigation in the process. Did you know you can tell your latitude by measuring the angle of the north star over the horizon?


Oh, and thanks to everyone who came out to the Renegade Craft Fair this year! I had a blast, met some great people, and saw tons of inspiring work. I can't wait until the next one.

1 comment: