Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday crafting and literary classics.

Let's start with some good news: I've been accepted as a vendor at the 2010 Bust Holiday Craftacular, which will be held at the Metropolitan Pavilion on December 12th. Hurrah! I'll be sharing a booth with Stereoette, and you should definitely stop by for some crafty holiday shopping. I'm adding something exciting and new to my wares; I'll post it within the next week or so.

In the meantime, here is another Criterion Affection update, this time for the 1963 adaptation of LORD OF THE FLIES.



There was so much good imagery to choose from that I had a hard time narrowing it down to the pig head and the broken glasses. (The conch, I'm afraid, didn't make the cut.) The color scheme came together pretty easily this time around. From the start I wanted it to have a limited color 1950s children's book feel, and I'm pretty happy with the result. Does the pig seem creepy enough to you? Because it definitely was in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment